Saturday, May 4, 2013


Neverwinter - Open Beta

Completion of Blacklake District

May 4th, 2013

                After completing the missions throughout the Blacklake District, I wanted to summarize my experience.  At  this point my character (Human, Warrior/Guardian) is level 9, and I've got a good feel for his strengths.  I have yet to die in a fight so I would say it hasn't been overly difficult.  I did skip over the one recommended group mission I  found, but that was because I didn't feel like dealing with it.  I have the intention of getting together with my brother soon, who is also playing and has a newly created rogue on the same server (Dragon).

                Playing in Blacklake was fun, and it balanced out the back and forth nature of the quests by making them relatively short.  I didn't feel like I was running all over the place for just a couple points of XP and doing the mission grind.  The storyline seemed good enough, and I didn't feel lost at any point.  Enemies progressively got harder, and I think if I'd wanted to grind a few more out, I could have easily walked away with level 10 instead of 9. 

I'm more comfortable with the points structure for my ability tree as well.  I feel I have a better grasp on what it's purpose is and how to use it.  I kept my points in my base abilities and decided to focus on them.  At least before I venture into using alternate skills.  I would say I am still enjoying the game.
The game still has a relative score of 6 out of 10 for me, but it is drawing me in and pulling  me away from my other current love, Hawken.

No comments:

Post a Comment